Call For Open Content
Submit a proposal for Open Content - Open Content can be in the form of a talk, demo, workshop, meet-up, group discussion, open Q&A session, BoF, SiG or any other type of relevant, user-generated content. We have slots available each day of the event for any open content to take place in.
Deadline: February 23, 2024
Call For Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to help us on Discord and Gather Town during the event
Deadline: February 18, 2024
C++Online is an online only, international C++ Conference which will run from 28th February - 2nd March 2024, with the main conference running on the 29th Febuary - 2nd March with online workshops before and after the main event.
C++Online is brought to you by the organising team behind C++OnSea and the technical team behind online and hybrid versions of CppNow, CppCon, ACCU, The Audio Developer Conference and many other established events.
The conference is designed to provide a more accessible option for those who might find attending other international conferences more difficult or financially restrictive, at a time of year where we traditionally see less in-person conferences due to weather, holidays and other restrictions.
Join us online for four days of C++ content, including livestreamed C++ talks and workshops, group chats, networking and meetups through our interactive virtual venue, meet sponsors, recruiters, peers and experts in the field through video and text chat in Zoom, Discord and Gather Town.
The conference will run from 12:00-22:00 UTC with the main programme of talks scheduled to be accessible to as many active time zones as possible. In addition, all sessions will be available to watch on-demand through the conference web portal. We'll also have lightning talk sessions, virtual poster sessions and other content available to participate in throughout the event.
There will also be opportunities to schedule your own content, such as group discussion sessions, open Q&A sessions, meetups or BoF group chats in our virtual venue!
Visit our social accounts to keep up to date with the latest news
See You Online!
There is still time to register for any of our excellent online C++ training / workshop sessions - part of C++Online 2024 All Workshop Registrations include access to the three day main conference (with 20+ online C++ talk sessions!) If you've already bought a main conference registration and would like to upgrade to a workshop […]
If your a recent graduate or current student of relevant field in software development, software engineering, computer science, robotics or other related fields, you can join us for C++Online for only £15! (+VAT) http://cpponline.uk/registration/ Learn from industry experts, network with your peers and ask questions regarding anything you want to understand in more details. C++Online […]
Livestreamed Talks Over 3 Days – Plus Pre-Con Workshops! http://cpponline.uk/ - Register Now for only £99 (Discounts available) ShavedYaks (C++OnSea)...
All times are in UTC
C++Online will also have over 20 talks from experts in the field
- Personal Agenda - Build your own personal agenda which you can use at the event.
- Access To Slides - Access slides and other presentation material as and when they are uploaded by the speakers.
- Add To Google Calendar - If you have other commitments during the event, then you can add individual sessions to your Google Calendar and make sure you are free for the talks you want to see.
- Open Content - We have slots in the schedule which are open for anyone to present and which include free entry to the main conference!
All sessions broadcast in Zoom (except workshops) will be available to watch on demand shortly after each session has finished.
- Discussion & Questions - If you have a question after watching a session on-demand, then you can use the session discussion channel in Discord to ask the speaker
- Exclusive Access - On-demand are ONLY be available to conference attendees and can ONLY be accesed through this website.
Have a C++ project/topic that you want to present? Or are you looking for new members for a meetup/working group? If you are, then you can run an open content session at the start or end of each day of the conference. This includes:
- Hosting a talk, panel or meetup/BOF/SIG in our online interactive virtual venue
- A dedicated 30, 60 or 90 minute slot to run your open content session which will be added to the official C++Online schedule
- Free entry to C++Online Main conference
We are looking for people who would be interested in creating posters and presenting their latest C++ work or project to attendees and experts in the field. This includes:
- Hosting a Variety of Multimedia Poster Materials which will be embedded in a custom built poster booth in our virtual venue for the entire duration of the event
- A dedicated 30 minute slot to present your poster to attendees through interactive video chat and screen share which will be added to the official C++Online schedule
- Free entry to C++Online Main conference
Finally, we will also be running Online Lightning Talks in Zoom on Friday 1st March at 19:30 UTC.
Anyone who registers a ticket to the main conference is welcome to apply and propose a five minute presentation which can be about anything related to C++ or coding in general (within reason)
Unlike Open Content and Online Posters, all lightning talks will be recorded and published to the C++Online YouTube channel after the event.
An exciting, interactive, online conference experience awaits you in our virtual venue.
- Watch Talks With Other Attendees - Like at an in-person conference, you can watch the online talks from presentation rooms in Gather Town.
- Interactive Group Video Chat - Use the Proximity-based Video & Audio Chat for spontaneous interaction with attendees like in a physical venue
- C++Online Quiz Hunt - Take part in our virtual puzzle game by hunting down pub quiz questions hidden in objects around our virtual venue.
- Interactive Objects - Play piano (even as a duet), enjoy embedded games, materials and other fun activities
Discord is a free-to-use text and audio based discussion app that is available as a website, mobile and desktop app and will be used as the support and communication system for the conference. You can chat with speakers and attendees before, during and after each session at the conference and access live support from one of our online volunteers if you run into an issue.
All of the main conference sessions will be streamed online through Zoom Webinar which allows us to provide the highest quality stream possible and to facilitate the on-demand access to each session. However, to create a more interactive experience, speakers will be encouraged to take questions for their talk in our virtual venue which allows attendees to video chat with the speaker.
Conference Platform / Portal
While attendees will be encouraged to use Gather Town to attend main conference sessions, we also have a user friendly website that can be used as an alternative for anyone who either has an accessibility issue or that is unable to connect to Gather Town. In addition, this website also hosts the schedule for the event and allows for users to create personal agendas for the event.